Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spring Nails: Yellow French Tip with Black Flower

Wow I haven't even touched my blog in a month. So I'm returning with a nail design that is a yellow tip with black flowers and dots following the flower. The nail design also has a yellow rhinestone making it cuter! 
 Starting off the manicure, I used Sally Hansen's Flawless as a base coat (I'm more into using clear coats as bases when doing a French Manicure). Once the base dried, I used N.Y.C.'s Taxi Yellow Creme for the tip. After waiting about 3-5 minutes of drying, I used Rimmel's Black Satin for the flower and dots. To make the flowers, I used my biggest dotting tool and made a flower with four medals. As you can see in the picture below, I tried a flower with five pedals on my middle finger, but I thought it didn't look that great so I tried four pedals. After doing the flower, I used a medium sized dotting tool to make the dots that follow the flower. As soon as I was done with my last finger, I moved on to using Flawless again as a top coat and before the top coat dried, I used yellow rhinestones as the center of the flower. Finishes the look, but makes most of the flowers small, but still cute! 
To the left is the finished product. I know I smeared the flower on the index finger, but I don't think it looks that bad.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, can I ask where you got the dotting tools and rhinestones? I have a small dotter, but have been looking for a set of ranged sizes. Those look awesome! I definately wanna start trying to use stones on my nails. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I got the dotting tools at the craft store Michaels. The ones I have are actually an embossing and stylus set, but they still work as dotting tools and it's a set of 3.

    As for the rhinestones, I got those on ebay.

    ReplyDelete